CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snyder-Warenski Dutch Xmas

Hi All!
Wow it has been such a long time since anyone has updated this blog. I apologize. It's my fault. I will do much better moving forward.

I hope that everyone had a great Dutch Xmas. We had a wonderful time! The past few years we have been increasingly more traditional for this holiday. Rob made sure he had the 5th & 6th off work. We did our best to be old school this year. We did gifts on Christmas Eve. We put out shoes. On Christmas Day I did my best to keep food traditional also. I looked online and found some recipes that I wanted to try. Since we are vegetarian we can't make Grandma Jo's croquettes. We did find some potato versions though. I made a soup called Rivel Soup. It was pretty basic; made with broth, vegetables, & small crumbles of dough. I messed it up LOL it was bland and I added too much salt. I tried. All I wanted to do was make the day special for Rob & the boys. It has been hard the past 2 years without Grandma Jo.
Overall, we all had such an amazing time! The party was great! We appreciate Sinter Klaas. He has made it so special. I look forward to him. I don't know that we'll ever be able to tell him really how much we appreciate what he is giving us and our children. I love listening to his stories.
As for my experience with everyone else this year... I think it was my favorite Christmas yet! I had a great time!!!
Here is a quick slide show of our Dutch Christmas....







I hope that we all will keep this up now. I don't have everyone's email address to remind them about the blog. If you want to change anything on the blog please feel free to log in and use it as you wish... The master account is: Email (ruitmanblog@gmail.com) password (ruitmanfamily). You can also use that info to sign into the email account at gmail.com. PLEASE GIVE THIS BLOG INFORMATION TO EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY!

0 comments: